I’ve been getting very positive feedback about the design we did for the the Ability Fest Conference.
I did quite a lot of work up-front with Heather O’Brien to organise the content in a way that would be suitable for a conference site, i.e., the site is split into the target groups, exhibitors, sponsors and visitors.
That sounds obvious of course. However, the old website wasn’t organised in this way and that made it harder to find things on the site. Other issues that had to be addressed included access issues (e.g. scrolling text, lack of headings and descriptive links), and very long and cluttered pages.
The other problem was that the old site did not look professional and wasn’t visually appealing. What was needed was a professional looking site that would appeal to sponsors, visitors and exhibitors – and be easy to use. The feedback suggests that we have succeeded with those aims.