This seminar provides and introduction to the topic of social media and social networking, e.g., Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, blogging and so on.
We aim to answer the important questions, i.e. what is social networking? Why is it important? And how do I take advantage of it?
When is it?
Friday 25th November. 10am – 12.30pm (10 minute coffee break)
Where is it?
The Albany Learning and Conference Centre, 44 Ashley Street, Glasgow G36DS.
- Social networking why you should care?
- Privacy concerns; what are they and how do you negotiate around them?
- How do you develop suitable social media policies for your organisation (social media can enhance or taint your brand).
- An Introduction to Facebook and Twitter.
- How to integrate social media tools with your website.
- Social media and accessibility.
- How do you use social media:
- To connect with your existing network and extend that network.
- As a marketing channel.
- To build a community.
To take away with your on the day:
- All slides and handouts from the seminar
- The 10 most useful things you can do with Facebook (handout).
- Jim Byrne: Award winning website designer/developer, website accessibility expert and author of, ‘Twitter for Charities, Non-profits and the Voluntary Sector’. Has been providing website service to the not-for-profit sector since 1996.
- Eva Bolander: history in publishing, web designer, editor and web accessibility consultant since 2002.